About

My photo
Hey there! I’m so glad you’re here. This blog is my little corner of the internet where I share everything I’m learning, unlearning, and growing through. From building better habits and improving mindset to leveling up in life step by step—this is all about becoming the best version of ourselves. I’m not here as an expert, but as a fellow traveler on the path of growth. Some days are full of motivation, some days it’s all about just showing up—and I believe there’s power in both. So whether you’re just starting your journey or looking for some fresh inspiration, I hope you’ll find something here that speaks to you. Let’s grow together. 🌟

Content

The Fortune of a Shoeshine Dreamer

The CEO of a major Mumbai bank got his shoes polished every day from the shoeshine man at the street corner.

He would sit on a chair usually reading the Economic Times as he got his shoes polished.

One fine morning, the shoeshine man asks the CEO: "What do you think of the stock market situation?"

The CEO condescendingly inquires: "Why are you so interested in this subject?"

The shoeshine man replies: "I have 200 crore rupees deposited in your bank and I am thinking about investing part of the money in the stock market"

The CEO smirkingly says: "Yeah right! What is your name?"

Shoeshine man replies: "Asaf Kutty Chacko ”

Upon returning to his bank, the bemused CEO asks the Account Manager: "Do we have a customer named *Asaf Kutty Chacko*?"

The Manager replies: “We certainly do. He is an esteemed customer! He has 200 crore rupees in his account.” 

The CEO is shocked!

The next day, when getting a shoeshine, the CEO says to shoeshine man:

"Mr. Chacko, I want to invite you to be our guest-of-honour at our Board meeting next week and tell us your life story. I'm sure we will learn a lot.”

The following week, at the Board meeting, the CEO introduces shoeshine man to the board members:

"We all know Mr. Asaf Kutty Chacko, who makes our shoes shine like no one else. But he is also our valued customer with 200 crore  rupees in his account. 

I invited him to share his life story. I'm sure it will be inspirational. 

Please, Mr. Chacko, do tell".

Asaf Kutty narrates his life story: 

"I came to this state 30 years ago as a young boy from Kerala…. 

I wandered hungry and exhausted in search of a job without success….

Suddenly, I found a coin on the sidewalk and bought some apples….

I had two options: eat the apples to quell my hunger or start a business….

I sold the apples and bought more apples with the money….

This way I started accumulating money…

With the saved money, I managed to buy a set of used brushes and shoe polish and started a shoe shine businesss…..

I lived frugally and didn't spend any money on fun or worldly trappings. I lived like a monk and saved every paisa I could….

After a while, I managed to buy new brushes, variety of polish and a chair so that my clients could sit comfortably….

I continued living frugally and saving all I could…

Then, a few years ago, I was able to purchase this nice corner location from another colleague who decided to retire…

Finally, about three months ago, my brother, who was a drug-dealer in Kochi, passed away and left me 200 crores ….” 

This is just a campaign to promote reading. 

Reading stimulates the mind and imagination! So stop listening to unbelievable stories and start reading something of literary merit.